5/21/13 1-Day Understanding, Applying & Enforcing NFPA 25
5/22-23/13 2-Day Sprinkler Plan Review Hydraulics & Acceptance Testing
5/21/2013 to 5/23/2013
May 21-23, 2013
Mitchell Fire Department
201 W 1st Avenue
Mitchell, South Dakota 57301
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
May 21//Understanding, Applying and Enforcing NFPA 25
This highly interactive full day seminar describes the requirements for properly maintaining a water based fire protection system in accordance with NFPA 25. The seminar clearly describes the responsibilities for compliance & record keeping. It describes the specific scope of the standard, and identifies the various ways in which information related to changes in the system are handled. It describes the various Tables used in the standard, their specific purposes, and when to use which Tables. It involves the attendees in a significant number of exercises to describe various problems encountered, identify the proper section(s) of the standard that deals with it, and discuss how to deal with issues not covered by the standard that may still be encountered.
Total Instructional Contact Minutes: 420 min. (0.7 CEUs and 7CPD)
At the conclusion of this seminar the participant will be able to:
1. Explain the areas to which the standard applies.
2. Explain the various definitions specific to the standard, and their meaning.
3. Discuss the impact and importance of the expanding number of definitions used in the standard and the necessity for them.
4. Discuss the various Tables utilized throughout the standard and explain their respective purposes.
5. Apply the various Tables in the standard to the appropriate situation.
6. Explain the difference between an internal inspection and an obstruction investigation
7. Discuss and demonstrate the various means by which information is provided to the owner, and the reasons for different methods.
8. Explain the difference between using an NFPA inspection report and an informational report.
9. Explain the difference between an emergency and a preplanned impairment.
10. Describe the steps taken to restore a system to service.
11. Describe how to properly report various situations that are or are not within the scope of NFPA 25.
A COPY OF NFPA 25 WILL BE PROVIDED TO YOU!
REGISTRATION FEE: Member or AHJ: $100 Non-Member: $175
May 22-23//Acceptance Testing and Hydraulics for Plan Reviewers
This seminar will cover the acceptance test requirements for new fire sprinkler systems, underground fire mains, and fire pumps. It will also address the situations where equipment in existing systems is repaired or replaced. Next, the program will cover basic hydraulics. The program will conclude with a look at the standardized forms that NFPA 13 uses for computer generated hydraulic calculations and how to review these forms for the important information necessary for plan review.
Total Instructional Contact Minutes: 390 min. (7 CEUs and 7CPD)
At the end of the seminar, the participant will be able to:
1. Explain the acceptance testing requirements for new sprinkler systems
2. Explain the acceptance testing requirements for new private fire mains
3. Explain the acceptance testing requirements for new fire pumps
4. Evaluate the hydraulic calculations presented with a set of working plans submitted for review and approval
PARTICIPANT SHOULD COME PREPARED WITH A CURRENT COPY OF NFPA 13.
REGISTRATION FEE: Member or AHJ: $225 Non-Member: $450