5/20/2014 to 5/22/2014
May 20-22, 2014
Courtyard Syracuse Carrier Circle
6415 Yorktown Circle
Syracuse, New York 13057
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
SEMINAR IS SOLD OUT!!
This interactive seminar will provide an introduction to the various types of water-based fire protection systems as well as an in-depth exploration of the codes, standards and other documents that are used during the inspection and testing process. The seminar is designed for individuals interested in obtaining certification as an inspection and testing technician for water-based fire protection systems.
Duration: 3 Days
Number of Modules: 7
Total Instructional Contact Minutes: 1170 Minutes = 2.1 CEU's or 21 CPD's
Learning Outcomes: At the conclusion of this seminar participants will be able to:
- Identify the components of sprinklers, fire pumps, standpipe systems, water storage tanks, and fire service mains and describe their function.
- Identify the requirements for inspection and testing in NFPA 25 as they apply to various systems and components.
- Recognize potential workplace hazards as they relate to ladders.
- Recognize various potential problems with system and explain them.
- Identify the appropriate section of NFPA 25 that addresses the problem.
- Develop a preliminary record of system problems.
- Recognize potential system deficiencies as defined in NFPA 25.
- Discuss testing requirements for water-based fire protection systems and components.
- Describe conditions for developing an Inspection and Testing process.
- Describe the role of the inspector/tester and record retention.
- Identify applicable OSHA regulations and how they relate to inspection and testing of water-based fire protection systems.
View complete course outline here.
Each student will receive a copy of the 2011 edition of NFPA 25, Seminar Participant Guide and ITM Forms.
Each paid attendee will receive a completion certificate.
Seminar Format(s): Lecture, Video, Discussion, Activities, Homework
REGISTRATION FEES: Member or AHJ: $550 Non-Member: $775
This seminar is approved for NY State Code Enforcement Officials- 21 In-service Hours (3-days X 7-hours each).
Hotel Reservations: 315-432-0300
ROOM RATE: $149/night.